A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Fudge and Rain

Today started off with rain. Some thing we have been seeing a lot of lately here in central Texas. I admit, my first thought was taken straight from the classic Winnie the Pooh... "Oh bother".
By midafternoon the rain was still pouring, the four walls were closing in, siblings were tired of each other, and Mom needed a break. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is SNACK TIME! It's the time of day I just couldn't live without. We broke out the peanut butter, the chocolate, evaporated milk and marshmellows and were in fudge heaven before you could blink. All of a sudden, moods were happy, siblings had rediscovered the joy of playing together and maybe this house isn't as tiny as it seemed only a short time ago. Snack time is important, my friends, please don't ever go a day without it.

6 comments:

  1. If you want to keep your 1 year old occupied just give her a spoon full of peanut butter. Yesterday was the first time she had ever had any and couldn't get enough or off the roof of her mouth. :-) It gave me enough time to sit and relax for a minute before the peanut butter ran out. Is it okay to give them peanut butter at such a young age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year old is the perfect time to discover peanut butter :) I would add, so long as there isn't some family history of peanut allergies. We love it around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie!
    I loved your blog today! Yea!!! Its sounds so yummy!Would you mind posting your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie,
    Thank you for your question! You are such a good mommy. Would you mind posting your babyfood recipe? I think everyone would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun snack idea is to give them a glob of pudding and let them finger paint...they can lick and draw all at the same time. I like to do it on those tv trays so that it keeps it from spilling off the side and you just rinse it in the sink quickly and it is ready for the next time. Easy clean up.

    ReplyDelete