Friday, February 5, 2010
The Big Laundry Challenge
When Jake first suggested setting up a system for doing one load of laundry a day...honestly, i was resentful...I had a million excuses for why that wouldn't work. Plus, I thought it was much more efficient to have one laundry day instead of 7! I had my system of a clean laundry mountain to go through every Wed but as I knew in my heart of hearts I hated it and it was always a source of procrastination! Plus, we'd go a week without all of our clothing options. Not to mention enough clean socks. Anywho...one weekend Jake helped me catch up on all of the laundry in the house and I tried out his system of 1 load a day and have been much happier ever since. All of the clothes are clean and put away everyday...and its only 1 loads worth of work. Now there are no hiding piles in our home. Though I like to think I come with all of the swell solutions the truth is I have learned most of them from others...and a ton from my husband! Laundry once was a huge burden but now, its not so bad. What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good idea! Although, I purposefully dump the clean clothes out on the couch in plain sight in hopes that my hubby might notice and fold the laundry just because it is there. Hasn't happened so far. LOL! :) It does motivate me to get it put away as fast as possible, though, because it is a relatively easy way to make our living room look nicer!
ReplyDeleteYou are a peach Mireya!!! :) I love your comments!!
ReplyDeleteHey Mandy,
ReplyDeleteLOVE the idea. I have found it to be quite effective around here. In fact, sometimes I double up and do two loads a day so I can have the weekends off. Works great! We seem to create an enormous amount of laundry around here, but if you just keep it going it definitely cuts down on the overall amount that you FEEL like you're doing. And then no "white elephants" in the room! Love ya girl...