A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Friday, February 19, 2010

A beautiful moment

This morning I woke up at 5 am to continue my workout for the up coming triathlon this summer with my sister. Today was a pool work out and once I arrived I found out that it was closed to safety issues. I get back in my car to arrive home and crawl back in bed. 45min later a quiet little babble is going on in the room down the hall. That is the signal that it is time to start the day with the little one. When morning nap came around it was nothing but crying and afternoon nap was the same thing. After she finally went down for her afternoon nap it gave me time to catch up around the house but still pretty tired and wherry that I was going to have an unhappy child. I heard her cry and raced up stairs to get my calling child. She seemed to be on the fence of happiness and another break down. I threw her favorite blanket over my shoulder and immediately she placed her head on my chest. I sat down to rock her for a moment which turned into about 3 minutes. I watch her head rise and fall with each breath I took. I admired her tiny fingers resting on my arm that was wrapped around her. Not any movement but her sweet little breath against her blanket. My cheek lay on the top of her head feeling her soft silky hair. Is this what she needed all day? A moment that she felt safe and loved. It is defiantly what I need to make it through the rest of the day. I didn't want her to move but eventually she was ready to play. It is moments like those that will keep me going because it was the best feeling and so rewarding to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment