Monday, February 22, 2010
Here's the Deal
So, my sister Natalie who is a rockstar at working out inspired me to at least start P90x again today. However, half way through the workout I wanted to write you all and tell you what is really going on inside of me and wanted your advice and input. Here's the deal. I am 30 and next week is my 31st birthday. It is dawning on me that I am actually getting older and only I am responsible for my health and longevity. Both my grandmother and two aunts have had breast-cancer and so, it puts a little prick in my conscious that I need to be as healthy as possible to steer off of that path. Also, I think that being in shape is a source of respect. Whether or not I agree with that truth doesn't matter...it is true and I want it to work in my favor to bring good to the world. And heck if the world listens better to to fit person...I want to be fit! I want my boys to be proud of their mommy. I want Rosalie to take care of herself also. I want to be happy in my skin. Not feel so "fluffy" and incapable. I want to be strong and able! I want to KEEP my health! A healthy body says something about the "person"..."Its an outward sign of an inward reality". I am so comfortable drinking mochas and eating chocolate! And yes...i still plan to do that...but I want to balance it with a strong body too!!!!!!! But it hurts to get started and inside I hear "I can't. I can't" with every jogging step I take. I want to change that mantra in my head to a more positive one...but its hard to change. I am visually motivated and am looking for a way to picture myself with the health I desire. Do you have any ideas on how i can do that? Love you all...Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mandy,
ReplyDeleteI love that you value your health. It is so important! You have to start off small to get to great. It is all about building yourself. It isn't fun at first and the baby steps looks so little but you are getting there. You have to stick with it to get to where you want to be. Let your desire to be healthy be your drive. Your body will soon follow. The women that do the best in these triathlons aren't in there 20's or even 30's but 40's so you have a while till you are in your prime. :-) We are still teenagers according to finishing on top. I believe that you will reach your goal. You are strong and a great athlete. You are doing so much better than I did after Ella was born. And this is your fourth! Way to Go MAMA! Keep fighting. Don't focus on your limitation but what you are able to do and how much you grow each week even if it is one more crunch than before. Love ya!
Wow! Okay! You are HIRED! My new motivational body coach/sister. :) Thank you NATALIE for your encouragement...Did Kenpo X today while the snow poured down outside...feeling much better now!! love you!
ReplyDeleteI recently read that we are supposed to "let food be your medicine" - in other words, if we eat well then we are preventing ourselves from getting sick, so it is "medicine" and I think most people would rather eat well than have to deal with Drs and prescriptions. So I think exercise could be viewed that way, too. Let exercise be your medicine!
ReplyDeleteAwesome way to look at it Mireya!!! Hmmm...such a new but good thought. Thank you!! Excercise=Medicine. Yes...I think I'd rather have the first than the latter. :)
ReplyDelete