SO, I decided to try Julia Child's "Peice de Bouef Braisee" (braised beef pot roast) ...in the mood for adventure and thinking that I had most of the ingredients. Well, it was going SUPER well and I was having so much fun until I realized that there was a whole other page of ingredients. Alas...not quite "Peice de Bouef Braisee" but "Bouef" none the less. My kitchen smells marvelous with aroma of wine and herbs. It was great to feel like a master chef for a little while anyway. Big mixing bowls and lots of herbs and spices empower me!! Hopefully tonight we can enjoy the meal over rice. :)
Lent is upon us...I am looking forward to the journey this year. I really long to be closer to Jesus and listen to him more. If you haven't already check out HolyHeroes.com for a lenten journey for your kids. There is a sweet family of 7 or 8 kids that give a little y-tube devotional. We followed them for Advent and my kids are really looking forward to following them for Lent! Love and Prayers for you and yours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you can't even pronounce the name, you KNOW it's one darn fancy meal :) I hope it was enjoyed by all..and thanks for the reminder that I need to watch that movie.
ReplyDeleteI pray that Holy Spirit will be at work in all our hearts this Lenten season, and draw us ever closer to the cross of Christ.
Amen Sista! Yes...the "Boeuf" even with half the ingredients was stellar. Julia is amazing. I love her directness and clarity in her instruction. I think that is how she made something as complex as French cooking fun for the "American Cook" :)Many prayers for you and all on Ash Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteSounds just like it could have been a scene in the movie! :)
ReplyDelete