Dear Sisters,
Today has been an unusually rough day. It all started last night when Jake told me that he had to leave for work at 3:00 am this morning and needed us all to be bathed, fed and in bed if not asleep by 7:00. God helped me and I managed to have everything run pretty smoothly...homework, chores, dinner done and baby nursed so that we could have a peaceful night. Rosalie started feeling warm before bed so I gave her a bit of Tylenol and hoped for the best. An hour later, despite Tylenol, she had a super hot temperature and was crying and crying. I gave her Motrin and some water in a bottle to help calm her down...but she woke up on the half hour three more times in a row...fever still not going anywhere. Finally, the medicine kicked in and she fell asleep. I came back into our room only to find Levi awake and ready to nurse. We nursed and I put him down...dozed off and Jake's alarm went off to wake him for the day. Levi woke up to the noise and so I nursed him and as he became limp in his sleep the door slammed open. "MOM!" Isaac said. "I had a nightmare about alligators!!!" So...I calmed Isaac down and as SOON as he left the alarm went off again to get the boys to school. Rosalie immediately woke up and started screaming with fever...Levi woke with a smile needing his diaper changed...Blaise stumbled in "Mom? Today is my play...can you come?" Miraculously and with the help of Isaac making lunches...I got the kids fed and out the door for school and the doctor. I promised Blaise I would try to make it at 9:35 for his play and sent him on his way. Calling Pops to cover for me at the play in the case that I didn't make it on time I headed to the doctor for a 8:00 am appointment. Tried to hit Starbucks on the way to wake myself up but the line was too long and I didn't want to compromise Rosalie's appt so, I drove passed the drive-thru and made it to the doctor early. However, being early didn't help becauseI waited at the doctors office until 8:45 until the nurse came in to tell me that the Doc was sick and that I needed to see a different one but none of the Pedi's come in until 9:00. 9:00 came and went...the nurse informed me that the other Pedi was on call at the hospital and was running late!!!!!! Poor Rosalie! Poor Levi. Poor Blaise!!!! Doctor finally came at 9:45...checked out Ro...no strep, just a virus..."Handle it with Motrin and Tylenol" she said. AHHH!!!! Rushing through the drive through at Starbucks I slurpped down a half-caff and felt a little better...headed to Blaise's school caught Pops on his way out of the parking lot...He watched the little ones while I ran in and got Blaise out of class to hug him. Whew! Tired I came home to put the little guys down for a nap...and that is when I got a phone call that changed my perspective... My sweet friend Barbara just a week out of open heart double by-pass surgery called to see how I was doing!!!! She was absolutely SO positive!!!! This woman who just had her body cut open was just so thankful for life and so happy to be able to be able to have more time to serve Jesus!!!!!! Never asking "Why me Lord?" like I always do...she is just glad that she has more work to do on earth. Thank you Lord for her example of cheerfulness and obedience to your will. Please help me to be more willing to endure difficulties for your sake. You have made me the glue for this family...please help me to follow examples like Barbara so that I may see that it is all about serving you in both easy AND difficult moments that makes you smile. Please forgive me for me impatience and thank you for getting me through this difficult day!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"The Glue" - I like that! Praying for you that days like this one are few and far between (except for the inspiration, of course!)! :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
We could all learn from her example. Thank you for the story. It will help me to take those moments that seems so hard and give them up as a sacrifice for others.
ReplyDelete