A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Friday, February 26, 2010

Face to face with Jesus

I posted last week about a dear friend and her battle with cancer and after a long hard battle this morning Julie Mangrem sees Jesus face to face. Although heavy-hearted, we gratefully acknowledge that by the grace and goodness of God she is healed, whole and worshipping her Savior! Please pray for their family as they press through this time.

I find myself crying so hard when I think about their loss. I am inspired by their positivity and celebration attitude. It makes me think how blessed I am to have good health and to be able to spend so much time with my children. God has taught me so much over the last few months but one thing that is so great is the quality of time I am able to spend with my children. They grow so fast and sometimes I get caught up in everyday stuff, like laundry or cooking or whatever it may be but I need to embrace every moment with my beautiful girls to teach them and guide them, to nurish their souls and heart, to fill them with love just as they fill me. I can not take for gratned the opportunity to be with them everyday. I am privledged to have the hardest yet best job in the world.

2 comments:

  1. It is heartbreaking to be reminded of the gift of being a wife & mom in such a way. I'll continue praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know Jen. Gosh, I will definitely keep her family and those who love her in prayer. GOD be with them and comfort them please. Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete