A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Beginning

Dearest Sisters,
I was thinking about how I first got started with this mission and I wanted to share it with you. When Isaac was 3 and Blaise 2 I realized that we were happiest when we were out and about. So happy in fact that I would dream up reasons to get out of the house everyday! Heaven forbid I had no errands, play groups or reasons to run to Target!! I knew that at home things were messy the kids were unmanageable and I was more irritable. "Why" I wondered..."Why am I so afraid to be at home and face my issues?" Well, its tough to face messes and even tougher to faces messes inside of you!!! I had been avoiding facing and diving into my motherhood and even more so...facing my own thoughts, fears and concerns. I knew then that for the betterment of my family I needed to focus on their needs and mine. Our home needed to be RUN not avoided. The kids needed to be disciplined and GUIDED not distracted! And I needed to create a peaceful space for my husband and I to have a relationship!!! So, step one for me was deciding to stay home for one entire day and focus on my housework, kids needs and prayer...You wouldn't believe how peaceful it was!!!!!! I simply changed my attitude and that one day I saw that I had enough time to actually enjoy those two cute boys of mine!!! I mean, I remember standing out in our driveway watching them ride their tricycles and thinking "I can't believe that I have time for this!" and secondly, "They need to be able to play like this everyday". I knew that it would require a sacrifice for me to stay home. I loved my distractions!! And PS I still do! But this is what my kids needed at the time. Jake, also noticed a difference that day. I wasn't as strung out and dinner was done! :) heheee Love to you all!!!! ~Manda

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey and your self with all of us. I look forward to what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joyce, I pray that we can all grow to be better women, moms and wives by supporting eachother this way. Please chime in your thoughts and advice!!! I love your ideas!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Warmly, Mandy

    ReplyDelete