A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Friday, February 26, 2010

First Hug

Just had to share this beautiful moment with you:

So today I decided to undergo the major task of cleaning out and reorganizing our pantry. In the process, my 6 month old son Josh got to feeling neglected and started to get fussy. Then I made the mistake of turning on the vacuum and scaring him. He was on-edge and fussy the rest of the afternoon. I started to be hard on myself, thinking I should have been able to multi-task better so he wouldn't feel ignored. So I sat down with him to play for a little while. He was sitting in front of me, back to me, playing with his blocks while I made sure he stayed upright. All of a sudden he stopped playing, turned around, reached up to me and started to cuddle with me. He has never done that before. Usually, he lets me know he needs me by fussing and usually when he nuzzles with me it is because he is hungry! It was just what I needed - such a beautiful moment. Thanks, Josh!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a blessing children are!! I am sure this is the first of many, many wonderful hugs and snuggles to come from your little man. Our oldest is currently 8 years old, but he hasn't yet reached the age of being embarrassed to hug ol' Mom.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely moment..

    ReplyDelete