A forum for mommies seeking to create a peaceful home...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Kicked!

So, I did go for my swim yesterday and did finish my half mile...I thought I would check the time just for fun to see how I did. Low and behold I beat my best time ever. I did 1/2 mile in 13 minutes. Without training or anything. The reason that I am bragging on it is because it makes me laugh to realize why I was so successful 1. I have a lot more body fat than ever and it makes me buoyant and 2. I kicked! I know that you might think this is silly but I (never wanting to cause a scene by splashing) purposely kept my kick to almost nil. Not anymore! I decided to use the power in my legs...what a concept... and I really flew! Then my triathlon training videos came in and I was able to learn SO much more about proper strokes and tips for fast starts. I am actually getting excited for my race now in hopes that I can be a top age-group finisher. My next challenge is to get used to clicking in and out of my bike with those lock in shoes. Apparently, you are supposed to click your shoes in first and have them ready to go after your swim. Then you mount the bike barefoot and put your feet in the shoes while riding to save time. Sounds tricky. I think I will practice when the boys get home from the baseball field and Jake can watch the babies for me. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Love to all, Manda
PS. Hoping to attempt a Souffle Chocolat for dessert...will let you know how it fluffs!

2 comments:

  1. I thought about what you had said...kicking thats a good idea. Maybe Im not really kicking. I will have to try it next time I'm in the pool. I have another great idea for me to increase my speed. I am terrified of alligators. So I could pretend on race day that I am a zeabra trying to cross the alligator infrested water. Haha I think I would beat everyone. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since there ARE alligators (or walligators as Blaise called them) in that lake you should win! I just hope that he doesn't like fast meat!!! Hehehee...I love you and I will surely beat up the gator that is chasing you! You know that I saved you that first time...I'll do it again no problem. :)

    ReplyDelete