There feels like a bunch to update you on since we last blogged...Mireya, great St. Patty's bread tradition! (I responded back to ya. :) )I am enjoying getting into the Feast Days of the Church more and more. Its fun to set up little traditions for the kids to learn their faith..the wonderful thing is that it helps us as parents too. I am looking forward to tomorrow being St. Joseph's Feast Day. Isaac's middle name is Joseph so I usually get the boys a cupcake on their special day and tell them about their namesake Saint. It helps them connect with how important they are and how important the Saint is too. It has really been enjoyable following the Holy Heroes website throughout Lent. The kids LOVE to see the Holy Heroes' kids doing talking about and doing things for Jesus. (Its neat to watch 8 siblings interact...its really something you don't see much anymore) Both boys remind me if we forget to watch it everyday. Blaise disappeared tonight right after baseball practice...usually when a kid "disappears" we know they are getting into something...but he came running out of his room just as we noticed his absence... clean and bathed and pajama'd. "I just wanted to do a sacrifice! I wanted to get in the bath without anyone telling me!" He shouted (as Blaise always does ;) ) He took a bean and put it into our sacrifice jar. The kids are learning from Holy Heroes how it makes Jesus happy when we do sacrifices for other people...it was so cute. On Easter the beans will turn into jelly beans! (via the Mommy of course!)
On a triathlon note, Natalie is keeping me motivated. I ran my first 5k today. It was a beautiful day for it. I ran down to our church Prince of Peace and back. It was cool to be able to run in and pray for a sec "mid workout". I really need some help with the run. Its still mostly a run/walk at this point. Also, I realized I am scared to go fast on my road bike...due mostly to the fact that my shoes "click in". Any suggestions for me on that subject would be most welcomed!!! Tomorrow, I am thinking about getting up early for a swim...I need some sort of chocolate reward for that!!! Hmmmm, maybe I can try the vanilla souffle.
By the way the chocolate one turned out scrumptious! Thank you Julia! I took a picture of it for you but need to learn how to post the pic on the computer. Tonight I made Chicken Fricassee...Jake said that it was the best thing he has ever eaten in his life!!!! Now, that is a major compliment in my household!!!!!! I juggled something on every burner for about 2 and a half hours...you should have seen me...but the finished product was out of this world! I never understood why some people wanted a stove with 6 burners but now I do!!! Maybe someday I can really be a gourmet chef..until then I will practice on my sweet husband and 4 top stove.
Well, its late and I better get to spending time with that sweet husband before I hit the sack for an EARLY morning. Love to all...let me know how you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You might need an extra set of hands to go along with your 6 burner stove!! :) Cooking and feeding the family gives such a sense of satisfaction, I can only imagine it being triple fold after all the hardwork and love you put in the meal last night. We had deer sausage, 10 minutes on the stove top, lol. Julia would shiver if she knew.
ReplyDeleteThank you for lending your ear and shoulder to me yesterday, I appreciate your concern and comforting words more than I can express.
Love the story about Blaise..only a true boy would consider bathtime a sacrifice, that brought such a smile to my face.
Today we cleaned house, thinking to get the grocery shopping done as well so that we can enjoy a chore free Saturday.
Have a blessed Friday!
I am getting excited about celebrating feast days, too. Today we celebrated the feast of St. Joseph with the Italian custom of making an altar honoring St. Joseph. I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to make a loaf of St. Joseph's Day bread or fancy Italian fig cookies in religious shapes, but we did bake cookies in his honor in the shape of chalices, monstrances, nails, a carpenter's hands, and St. Joe's staff. The extra food on the altar/ table is supposed to be donated to the poor, so we will drop off the pasta and sauce at our parish food bank this weekend. The altar consists of three tiers, in honor of the Holy Trinity, and is covered in a red cloth, one of the colors of the Italian flag, as is customary. I wish I knew how to share a picture in a comment b/c I was really excited by how the whole thing turned out!
ReplyDeleteAnd Mandy, I love the bean idea - esp. that they turn into jelly beans!
Mandy, would love to see pictures of your gourmet creations!
ReplyDeleteAdding pics to your posting:
When you are composing (or when you go back and edit an entry) there are little icons right above where you are typing. One of the icons looks like a photograph (it is located to the right of the spell check icon - the check mark icon) and when you put your cursor on top of it the words "add image" pop up. Click on it and then follow the instructions for uploading a picture. Hope this helps!
Thank you Ladies for your sweet and cheerful comments. :)I will ask Jake to help me post some pics of the meals. Woweee Mireya...you are amazing with all of your festive stuff! Please do share pictures if you have them. :) I hope that you all are having a great day!
ReplyDelete