It has been beautiful around here lately and we have been enjoying so much time outside. I have two sweet girls and seeing them swing, slide, drive the car around the yard, dance and glow in the sunshine has been so much fun. We are definitely glad that spring is right around the corner. God has been revealing a lot to me lately and right now leaning on him as been the main topic of choice. About a month ago my little baby, Mollie who is 19 months old, woke up with a swollen lymph node. I thought it was strange because she didn't have fever or any other symptoms. I kept an eye on it all day and pointed it out to my husband. We decided to go ahead and call the doctor to see what they thought. They told us as long as there was no fever she was fine but that she would probably eventually get sick. Needless to say, four weeks went by and she never got sick but the lymph node has been getting bigger and bigger. Yes, I definitely called several times again to see if we should be worried. They kept telling us no. Well last week we finally decided it was time for them to actually look at it instead of us describing it to them on the phone. As soon as the doctor saw her he looked concerned. He gave her a thurough examine and then decided that she should have some blood work. You can imagine how that went. Trying to get blood out of a 19 month old was not so easy. The sweetest thing about the ordeal was that my eldest, Maddie who is 5, expressed concern about them taking sisters blood. We decided we would pray for her right then. It was such a sweet, innocent, and beautiful prayer. Once the drawing of blood commensed Mollie was bawling, I was fighting tears back, and the nurse was fishing with a needle in her little arm. It was aweful!!! Then, I heard my big girl hiding in the corner crying her eyes out for her little sister who was in pain. So there we were all three of us girls crying in the doctor's office. I am sure they thought we were all pathetic but I didn't care I wanted my babies to be okay. God wrapped is loving arms around us and just held us all so close to his heart.
The doctor thinks that this swollen lymph node which by the way is the size of a golf ball on her neck is the result of Cat Scratch Fever. However, he won't know until 2 weeks. We are treating it like it is and then we will be two weeks ahead of the game if the results come back positive. I am praying that it is positive because the treatment is simple and there will be no lasting effects. The doctor told me that if it wasn't Cat Scratch Fever she would have to come back in to be re-examined and then further evaluated to decide what the next course of action. My mind can sometimes jump to the worst but I am trying hard to stay positive. I am leaning on God as he is my absolute strong hold and foundation. I know that no matter what happens he will carry us through. It has made me feel stressed seeing her like this but the good is that it doesn't hurt her. The meds have caused her not to want to eat and to have severe runny poop, and not to mention she is getting three teeth at the same time. She is having a hard go but she is trying so hard to be in a good mood. She is just so cuddly and cute. Please pray for Mollie to find comfort, rest, and for her tests to be positive. Nothing is too big for my God and I know that he is all powerful.

My sweet Mollie...please say a prayer for her today!
Dear Jen,
ReplyDeleteI will definitely pray for Mollie. Gosh...poor angel. Isaac also had cronic lymph nodes...they were HUGE and took over the right side of his neck. For years I brought him in to be seem be different doctors...I was worried too. Then as you know last year I had had it with the strep every other week and I had his tonsils removed. Miraculously the nodes went down...though I still see some small ones. We have also weathered the blood work a couple times. All was well and I will pray that all is well for Mollie too. It was great to have you here yesterday! Your girls are so sweet and cute. I can't believe how much the kids have all grown. Let me know how it goes...we will keep praying...Love you all.